Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogging

OK - I haven't been posting here for the past 5(?) weeks because I've been training so much! [Ed. note - this is totally false]. Ahh, were that it were true. I have been sticking to a good training regimen, due to the support and encouragement of elite athletes and uber-bloggers Team Starr, but that's not the reason for my lack of posts. Truth is, I'm trying to overcome my aversion to writing down my thoughts and feelings for the multitudes (you should see the hits on this site!). So, for now, I'll just catalogue my/our accomplishments as they happen, and leave the rest to fate.

So. The past week has included the following workouts:

Saturday - 4 mile run (7:30am), Swim workouts for about an hour or more
Sunday - skip the White Rock Marathon in favor of a Salvadoran feast with Andy Brown and the Nurse. Team Starr went riding in the wind and rain, uphill.
Monday - Swim workout for 30 min(?) at the Ft. Worth YMCA - the pool there is dirtier than at the Sid Richardson center, but much more convenient. Nice gym, too.
Tuesday - Spin Class! A previously ridiculed pastime has turned into a habit. It's actually fun, and the cheesier the music, the better. We got jiggy with it just a few weeks ago, in fact. Still, no spandex here - rocking the camo long shorts, much to the chagrin of the rest of the class... Rocky would be proud, I hope.
Wednesday - Bret and I went for a 6am run at the track down the block. Slow run mixed with sprints for 30 minutes - still riding the high from that (hence all the typing going on here). Will crash shortly - right after lunch...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bret Starr said...

Hi ... I was also looking over your blog and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I was looking for Ted. But good luck anyway.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, we were also looking over your blog. We found exactly what we were looking for: depraved tales of exercise or not. Good luck! And hope the spammers get an eternal meal of spam in the afterlife!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home